As per your rights, we inform you how we collect, store, access, and otherwise process information relating to individuals. In this Policy, «Personal Data» refers to any information that can distinguish an individual on its own or in combination with other available information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy by the highest level of privacy regulation. As such, we follow the obligations under:
- Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the applicable provincial legislations
- the EU’s General Protection Data Regulation (GDPR)
- Brazil’s Data Protection Legislation (LGPD)
- California’s Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- This policy applies to the HelloSound websites and domains.
- This Policy does not apply to third-party applications, websites, products, services, or platforms that may be accessed through (non-HelloSound ) links that we may provide to you.
- These sites are owned and operated independently from us, and they have their separate privacy and data collection practices.
- Make use of our application and services as an authorized user
- Visit any of our websites that link to this Privacy Statement
- Receive any communication from us, including newsletters, emails, calls, or texts.
Personal Data We Collect
Data you Provide
We collect personal data as part of your order information when you purchase or attempt to purchase.
This data includes:
- Account information such as your name, email address, and password
- Payment information includes your billing address, phone number, credit card, debit card, or other payment methods.
If you provide us, or our service providers, with any Personal Data relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and acknowledge that it will be used following this Privacy Statement.
If you believe that your Personal Data has been provided to us improperly or otherwise, exercise your rights to your Personal Data; please contact us by using the information set out in the Contact Us section below.
Device And Usage Data
When you visit a HelloSound website, we automatically collect and store information about your visit using browser cookies (files sent by us to your computer) or similar technology.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when we send a cookie. The Help feature on most browsers will provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies, or notify you when receiving a new cookie.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some Service features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
We also process information when you use our services and products. This information may include:
- IP Address
- Individual Products you view
- Web terms or searches that led you to the site
- Time zone
Data We Collect From Third Parties
We may receive your data from third parties such as companies subscribing to HelloSound services, partners, and other sources.
This information is not collected by us but by a third party and is subject to the relevant third party’s own separate privacy and data collection policies. We do not have any control or input on how third parties handle your data.
As always, you have the right to review and rectify this information. Therefore, if you have any questions, you should first contact the relevant third party for further information about your data.
If that third party is unresponsive, you may contact the Data Protection Officer at HelloSound (contact details below), and we can assist you.
Our websites and services may contain links to other websites, applications, and services maintained by third parties.
The information practices of such other services or social media networks that host our branded social media pages are governed by third parties’ privacy statements, which you should review to understand those third parties privacy practices better.
Purpose And Legal Basis For The Processing Of Personal Data
We collect and use personal data about you with your consent to provide, maintain, and develop our products and services and understand how to improve them.
These purposes include:
- To deliver your product or service
- To fulfill orders including electronic and non-electronic shipment
- Building a Safe and Secure Environment
- To verify or authenticate your identity; and
- Investigate and prevent security incidents such as breaches, attacks, and hacks.
- Providing, Developing, and Improving our Products and Services
- Deliver, maintain, debug and improve our products and services.
- Enable you to access HelloSound services and set up accounts.
- Provide you with technical and customer support.
- Organize and Deliver Advertising and Marketing
- Send you newsletters and other marketing communications about current and future products, programs and services, events, competitions, surveys, and promotions held by us or hosted on our behalf; and
- Organize events or register attendees and schedule meetings for events.
We process your data to provide a product or service, and we do so because it is necessary to perform contractual obligations.
All of the above processing is necessary for our legitimate interests to provide products and services, maintain our relationship with you, and protect our business against fraud.
Consent will be required to initiate services with you. In addition, we will require a new license if we make changes to the type of data collected. If you fail to provide consent within our contract, some services may not be available.
Sharing and Disclosure
We will share your data with third parties only in the ways set out in this Policy or set out at the point when the personal data is collected.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:
We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted marketing via advertisements or communications (such as newsletters).
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at:
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at:
We may use or disclose your data to comply with a legal obligation, in connection with a request from a public or government authority, or association with court or tribunal proceedings, to prevent loss of life or injury, or to protect our rights or property.
Where possible and practical to do so, we will tell you in advance of such disclosure.
Service Providers and Other Third Parties
We may use a third-party service provider, independent contractors, agencies, or consultants to deliver and help us improve our products and services.
Service providers may be within or located outside the EEA. For example, we may share your data with marketing agencies, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email service providers, and others, but only to maintain and improve our products and services.
For further information on the recipients of your Personal Data, please contact us by using the information in the Contact Us section below.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file with information that your browser stores on your device. Information in this file is typically shared with the owner of the site in addition to potential partners and third parties to that business.
This information collection may be used in the site’s function and/or improve your experience.
To give you the best experience possible, we use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary. We require certain necessary cookies to run our service as a web application.
- We use preference cookies to help us remember how you like to use our service.
- Some cookies personalize content and present you with a tailored experience. For example, the location could give you services and offers in your area.
- We collect analytics about the types of people who visit our site to improve our service and product.
- We share cookies with third-party advertisers and/or partners to help provide you with a personalized marketing experience.
- We also allow third-party partners to put their cookies on our website.
Retention And Deletion
We will only retain your data for as long as necessary for collecting that data and to the extent required by applicable law.
When we no longer need personal data, we will remove it from our systems and / or take steps to anonymize it.
We will not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16.
Your Rights, Your Personal Data
Your rights are subject to local data privacy regulations depending on your geographical location and citizenship. These rights may include:
- Right to Access(PIPEDA, GDPR Article 15, CCPA, LGPD)
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you.
- Right to Rectification (PIPEDA, GDPR Article 16, LGPD)
You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified.
- Right to be Forgotten (right to erasure) (GDPR Article 17, CCPA, LGPD)
You have the right to request that we delete personal data that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data to comply with a legal obligation or establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- Right to Restriction of Processing (GDPR Article 18, LGPD):
You have the right to restrict our processing of your data where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or if we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish us to delete it.
- Right to Portability (PIPEDA, GDPR Article 20, LGPD)
You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data which you have provided to us and (b) if we are processing that data based on your consent or performing a contract with you or the third party that subscribes to HelloSound services.
- Right to Objection (GDPR Article 21, LGPD)
Where the legal justification for our processing of your data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
- Right Not to Be Discriminated (CCPA)
You have the right not to be denied service or have an altered experience based on having executed any of your CCPA rights.
If you have consented to our processing of your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge, such as where you wish to unsubscribe from marketing messages that you receive from us. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact us using the information found at the bottom of this page.
How to Exercise Your Rights
You can request to exercise any of these rights about your data by sending the request to our privacy team using the form below.
We may require you to prove your identity for your privacy and security before providing the requested information at our discretion.
If you have a complaint about this Policy or any element of your personal information that we hold, then please contact us below. If you are not satisfied, you have the right to complain to the local data protection authority.
If you are based in the EEA, please visit this website (http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/document.cfm?action=display&doc_id=50061) for a list of local data protection authorities.
To request a copy of your information, unsubscribe from our email list, request for your data to be deleted, or ask a question about your data privacy, we’ve made the process simple: